Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Seven Little Men and One Little Lady

Little Dude is in a JoySchool group...there are 7 boys and 1 girl in the group. A group this size means two things: 1) your turn to teach comes around once every two months, and 2) when it's your turn to teach you have 8 3-year-olds in your house! Sometimes it can be challenging keeping their attention for 2 hours, but it is always entertaining (for me!) and the time always flies by! Today we talked about trying new things, even if we don't think we can do it or if we think we won't like it. I read to them Green Eggs and Ham, which they thought was hilarious! Then, we had green eggs and ham for snack (the ham ended up turning purple-ish from the green food color, but it still had that ewww factor!) I had a mix of reactions when they heard what their snack was going to be, some were, " I LOVE green eggs and ham" (from Mr. Judd :) to "My mom only makes yellow eggs...." to "I think I want a different snack" and lastly, Mr. Laret after finishing his eggs and ham, asked "are there any pancakes?" Half of them ate it, and the other half refused. I don't blame them, because I don't enjoy eating things that don't have a "pleasant" look to them, and green eggs and purple ham does not look that pleasant! (Mr. Brady's face is cracking me up - he is very disappointed by my snack of choice. Luckily, he was all smiles when the goldfish crackers came out).

When Missy finds out that JoySchool is at our house for the week, she takes great care in protecting her room, because "Hayden and his boys are not allowed" in her room. I'm just glad that she now writes her notes on paper she tapes to the wall, rather than writing it actually ON the wall as she has in the past. However, this means that there is always a shortage of tape in our house ( I buy a three pack of tape monthly), and if you can't find any tape, look in Missy's room. Grandparents take note: For birthday and Christmas presents- this girl would LOVE to get her own tape!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an undertaking! I can hardly handle my TWO boys let alone seven (+ one girl)! You are such a wonderful teacher and mom. You always think of such fun things to do! Can I come to group and learn a thing or two? And I love that little Missy writes her own notes now. What a little smarty pants!

kristin said...

That is so funny we posted on the same day and the same thing! What are the odds. Great minds I guess. Amen to the tape issues. That really never goes away. Just keep her away from the tacks. Those leave cutesy little holes everywhere. Love the Joy School pics! It is truly fun!