I have become addicted to this magical elixir. It has become my best mid-afternoon friend. It all started about month 5 of my pregnancy with Baby Belly. I learned that I had gained 7lbs in one month from drinking Gatorade almost every day for a little energy boost. I only gained 17 lbs total throughout the pregnancy, so 7 lbs in one month resulted in many tears after hearing the doctor tell me I needed to watch what I eat. I immediately started looking for something else to give me a little pick me up during the day, without packing on the pounds. Soon my love for Diet Pepsi was born.
Why am I now stopping? I have completely become addicted to it. I crave it throughout the day, and rarely go a day without having some. Some days I drink more Diet Pepsi than water. (Yuck I know!!) So I am saying adios to it once and for all. Hopefully I won't go back to the Gatorade :)

8 comments:
Good for you! My mom is completely addicted to it as well ... for years now. I enjoy some every now and then, but no need to be a slave to it right? Good luck!
Good luck!! I'm hooked on Diet Pepsi! I was doing so good not drinking soda at all, but then I went back to work and it was too easy to get to!
I feel so much better when I don't drink soda! (Just not very awake ; ) )
That was me and Diet Coke in my early 20's. I rarely drink the stuff unless I'm out to dinner, but I can't drink it after 5pm because it keeps me up ALL night. I'm glad you're weaning yourself! It's never good to be addicted to anything. Missed you this morning! I felt so good when I got home, even though we had to cut it short. Teaghan's ankle started hurting and she had to pee. Mostly the ankle was an excuse. She just didn't want to say she had to pee REALLY bad!
I try to not have it in the house because I down it too fast (I actually prefer the caffeine-free kind - can you be addicted to that?)
But I "treat" myself too it pretty much every time I eat out.
HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY CHERALYN!
this post cracks me up! I can sooo relate. Whenever I buy DP, Jay has to remark at just how addicted I must be, but, I'm totally not.....(denial)
I love your story. I'm pretty sure that Mountain Dew is part of my blood....I drank it for sooo long. I finally stopped last November and will still have one every now and then, but not like all day, every day. Good inspiration......I'm tempted to join you and try to give up my other soda addictions?? We'll see.
Maybe we should start a support group???
Haha.
Good for you Cheralyn! If you need some extra support check out the article in the Ensign this month on energy drinks.
Post a Comment