Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mommy Daughter Date

The boys left on Friday for the annual Father & Son's camp-out. They had a great time, and Hayden broke the two year tradition of throwing up when he gets to camp - whew! Us girls were left to play and have some girl fun. On Friday we had plans to hang out with some girls for talking and ice-cream, so we made some waffle bowls dipped in chocolate. Callie has so much fun helping me make these.



On Saturday, we kept up with tradition and went shopping for new earrings. ( Callie asked if Isabella was old enough to get her ears pierced. I opted not, but by next year, I could see it happening.....maybe). We each got a new pair of earrings, and Callie ended up getting some fashion glasses as well, which she hasn't taken off of her face yet! She even got in the shower with them on :) She is THRILLED to have her own pair of glasses. We then headed to Chipotle for lunch and Costco for some groceries, and by the time we got home the boys were already back from their camp-out. Callie was a little upset they were already back, as it concluded our mommy-daughter date.


PS - on Saturday night Jeff and I had the opportunity to chaperone a youth dance. What a fun time we had meeting new people and dancing together! I felt so uncomfortable approaching youth who had gotten in wearing something immodest or who were dancing too close. During one of the songs, Jeff leaned over to me and said, "do they really need to be playing music this loud?" I just laughed and realized that somehow we have gotten old.


1 comment:

Rochelle said...

Those waffle bowls look delish! I have to laugh about the dance. I think they take off the modest stuff after they get past the checkpoint.