Baby Belly slept through the night last night, from 7pm to 6:30am - HEAVEN! Since she does this rarely, I still wake up panicked - thinking to myself, is she alright? You never appreciate sleeping soundly through the night until you are unable to - but we are so close now I can practically taste it! Baby Belly is such a joy to have around. She is changing so fast, and is getting ready to start crawling. She pushes up on her hands and feet, so her booty gets high into the air. I enjoy putting her down on the ground, and having her stay there, but not for much longer!
Last night we had Black Bean Soup for dinner. I know what your thinking - but it's soooooo easy and tasty, even my kids love it and eat seconds. We eat it with whole wheat cheese quesadillas. Within 15 minutes start to finish, we were sitting at the table blessing the food - it's that quick! It's a nice change from having beef or chicken for dinner, and you still get some protein, without all the fat. I didn't take a picture, because lumpy & bumpy brown soup isn't very photogenic :)
2 (15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed & drained
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth ( I use chicken)
1 cup salsa
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Top with sour cream and green onions if desired
In a blender, combine beans, broth, salsa, and cumin. Blend until fairly smooth. (I left about 1/2 cup of whole black beans out, because I wanted some whole beans in the soup for texture). Add to saucepan and over medium heat, heat thoroughly. Once heated, serve in bowls.
No comments:
Post a Comment